Date(s) - 09/14/2017 - 09/15/2017
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Yarn & Thread Expressions
We are so excited to be participating in the 5th Annual San Diego Yarn Crawl – Four Days of Fiber Fun!!!!!
Here are just some of the things that will be happening at Yarn & Thread Expressions during the course of this event.
- Trunk Shows
- Baah Yarn will be sharing some of their newest yarns and kits with crawlers this year! We can’t wait to see what they have for us.
- Zombie Yarns – Here’s what our friend, Lorna Miser, tells us about what she’ll be bringing to share with you:
“The biggest news is my cottons. When I toured in May the cotton DK was so popular I ran out. So I added some sport and even some fingering weight. These all make great summer tops or baby items. Also good for those who can’t wear wools. I have some 100% cottons and some cotton/bamboo blends too. Cottons are all $20 and 100gm.
I have a couple quick-knit kits and both are great for Christmas knitting. One is a lace cuff boot topper. Commercial lace is dyed to match the yarn, and stitches are picked up right from the lace so it’s very stretchy and a fun technique to try. The pattern and buttons, yarn and lace are all included for just $20!
Another kit is the Quick Beast Shawl kit. Beast is an alpaca blend bulky weight. This shawl/scarf uses 6 skeins. I have kits or loose skeins to pick your own colors. $60
I’ll of course have my sock yarn Roamer and my DK merino Monster with me. Lots of new colors and patterns for each.”
- Plymouth Yarn – did you miss the Yarn Tasting last month? Or, maybe you attended but want MORE of the luscious yarns David shared with us! You’re in luck, we will have all the colors of all the yarns for you to see and touch – and take home with you!
- Click for Babies Charity Project – Learn more
- Free patterns for a lovely crochet or knit scarf!
- 10% our Featured Yarn – King Cole Opium: This fabulous fashion yarn comes in a range of delightful colors. It is a soft, 100% cotton that is perfect for garments. The thickness of the yarn allows you to knit as quick as a chunky yarn weight. The thick-thin texture gives a great lacy look. We used it, along with a variety of other yarns to create our shop pattern this year – a fun scarf that is knit lengthwise using yarns of different colors and textures. Each row creates it’s own fringe. Get lots of colors and quickly create unique holiday gifts!
- Free stitch markers for all participants
- Chance to win a gift basket valued at over $100
- Raffles throughout the day
- Free gift with purchase of $50 or more (one per customer)
- Commemorative tote bags – Sold Out
- And much, much more!!!
Zombie Yarn Patterns